Today’s Mahi Mahi Fajitas recipe lets you enjoy the deliciousness of fresh fajitas in your own home, without the flour or corn tortillas. You don’t even need to fire up the grill; these fajitas are oven-roasted atop mounds of fresh bell peppers and onions.
Note that you can also make this recipe with cod or halibut instead of mahi mahi.
Mahi Mahi Fajitas
Recipe inspiration from allrecipes.com
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise into 1/4″ sticks
- 2 medium green or orange bell peppers, sliced lengthwise into 1/4″ sticks
- 1 large white onion, sliced into thin wedges from root to stem
- 4 (4 -6 oz ounce) mahi mahi fillets, cut into 1-inch slices and placed in a glass or ceramic dish
- 4 cups cauliflower rice; cooked and kept hot
- extra lime wedges, fresh salsa, finely shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped scallions, guacamole, plain yogurt and hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Spread bell peppers and onion on the prepared sheet pan. Pour 1/2 the marinade over vegetables; toss until well coated. Place vegetables in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over the mahi mahi; gently toss until well coated. Let the fish stand while the vegetables roast.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and arrange mahi mahi pieces on top. Return to the oven and cook until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 12 more minutes.
- To serve, spoon some cauliflower rice on each plate. Divide the cooked mahi-mahi and vegetables over the cauliflower rice.
- Pass the extra lime wedges, fresh salsa, lettuce, scallions, guacamole, plain yogurt and hot sauce to dress the fajitas as desired.